Minimise your shutdown durations, costs and risks.
For organisations in asset-intensive industries, shutdowns, turnarounds and overhauls (STO) are critical activities. They:
- Are expensive – in the oil and gas industry, the direct costs can run into many millions of dollars per day
- Are risky – the complexity involved in trying to get as much work done in as little time as possible leads to safety, environmental and work quality risks that need to be fully understood and managed
- Have a significant impact on production output and/or customer satisfaction – critical assets are out of service and therefore not able to function as required
Managing the risks and costs associated with shutdowns requires extensive planning, preparation and discipline. A structured process for planning and managing shutdowns must be in place and followed. And lessons learned from each shutdown must be incorporated into the planning and execution of future shutdowns.
How we can support you
We can assist you to minimise shutdown durations, costs and risks by:
- Observing and reviewing your current shutdown planning and management processes and providing recommendations for improvements
- Working with you to develop and implement best practice processes for managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages.
- Providing you with specialist shutdown planning expertise to complement your planning workforce during times of highest demand.
Related case studies
Best Practice Maintenance Assessment for a Large Port Operator
Based on our best practice maintenance assessment, we assessed the maturity of the client’s maintenance management systems and practices.
Asset and Maintenance Management Improvement Program for a Large…
We improved performance of mining and processing operations to support business objectives through an in-depth asset and maintenance management review.
Let’s optimise your shutdowns and turnarounds.
We can help you to review and implement your shutdown processes. To find out more about our capabilities with regards to shutdowns and turnarounds, feel free to view the case studies above, or contact us for an obligation-free discussion.
Our maintenance management training courses
Do you need to expand the shutdown and turnaround capabilities of your team? Our training courses are run throughout Australia and online, and offer a comprehensive, practical overview of maintenance best practices.
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling ExcellenceProduct on sale
Maintenance Planning Master ClassProduct on sale
Effective Shutdown Planning and ManagementProduct on sale
Introduction to Maintenance ManagementProduct on sale
RCM & PMO for Team MembersProduct on sale
Spare Parts OptimisationProduct on sale
Our shutdown management articles
What does a maintenance supervisor do?
Every company has a different idea of what a mechanical supervisor is responsible for, but there is still a core focus that should apply to anyone in the role.
5 questions to ask before you adjust the frequency…
It can often appear that there is significant money to be saved by increasing the interval between shutdowns. Her are five key questions you should ask first.