Jan has led, coordinated and coached high-performing, multi-discipline teams across a range of construction, commissioning, maintenance and project works in line with specifications, schedules and budgets. As a consultant, Jan is responsible for working alongside senior consultants, and bringing hands-on experience to client projects. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for optimising business processes and maintenance procedures, Jan is able to drive reliability and availability of plant and equipment with minimal disruption to operations.
45 years of professional experience
5 years of consulting experience
1 year at Assetivity
Areas of specialist expertise
- Assuring maintenance quality
- Improving shutdown/turnaround performance
- Improving maintenance planning and scheduling
- Analysing root causes and eliminating defects
- Optimising preventive maintenance programs (RCM and PMO)
- Mining and mineral processing
- Oil and gas
- Water utilities
- Lowered SAG mill reline times from 36 hours to 14 hours.
- Improved plant availability from 35% to 86%.
- Eliminated re-works and ensured maintenance work was carried out properly.
- Instigated a procedure for testing hydrocarbon pumps in the workshop, before being re-installed in situ, to eliminate risk of leakage.
Assetivity (2021 – current)
Mopani Copper Mine, Zambia (2019 – 2020)
Lumwana Copper Mine, Zambia (2018 – 2019)
Lihir Gold Mine (2017 – 2018)
Oyu Tolgoi, Mongolia (2017)
Bonikro, Cote D’Ivoire (2015 – 2017)
Mechanical Supervisor / Shutdown Manager
QCLNG, Curtis Island – Bechtel (2013 – 2015)