Realise the full value of computerised maintenance systems.
Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems are often purchased on a wave of high expectations regarding the benefits they will deliver. In many cases, the benefits promised provide ample financial justification for the substantial investment in those systems. Promised payback periods of three years are not uncommon. Yet many of these systems fail to provide the promised benefits. In some cases, several years after implementation, no significant benefits can be identified, despite the fact that the organisations involved have spent millions of dollars on the new system.
Our experience suggests that the most effective way of introducing sustainable long-term, large-scale improvements in maintenance performance is to pull all of the “levers of change” in a coordinated fashion. These include the technological aspects associated with CMMS/ERP selection and implementation, as well as the organisational, people, skills, cultural, and business process aspects associated with the implementation. In addition, it is important to proactively manage the change in order to ensure that those affected by the change are committed to the change.
How we can support you
We bring a healthy dose of reality, based on our extensive maintenance and reliability improvement project, that helps to counterbalance the overly optimistic expectations that are often generated by projects of this nature.
We are independent of any particular vendor, and have assisted with the implementation of many CMMS and ERP systems, including SAP, MIMS/Ellipse, JDE, Maximo, Pronto, and others.
Working with you, we can help you get the most out of your CMMS/ERP implementation project by:
- Helping you to develop the business case for the CMMS/ERP project
- Assisting you to develop the functional specification for the software that will most closely meet your needs.
- Helping to preparing the request for tender/request for proposal documentation for your CMMS/ERP project
- Assisting you to evaluate alternative proposals from software vendors and implementation partners
- Developing a realistic implementation plan for the project, including consideration of change management aspects
- Helping you to align your maintenance, reliability and spare parts management processes with good practice and the capabilities of your selected software.
- Working with software vendors to ensure that the software is configured to match good practice business processes and will maximise the productivity and effectiveness of those using the system
- Developing and delivering role-based training materials that are tailored to your implementation and cover not only how to perform transactions within the software, but how these transactions fit into your business processes, and what these processes are intended to achieve. This ensures that users not only know what to do, but why they are being asked to do it.
- Providing on-the-job coaching and assistance to your people to ensure that effective use of the software is fully embedded and the full benefits realised.
Related case studies
Best Practice Maintenance Assessment for a Large Port Operator
Based on our best practice maintenance assessment, we assessed the maturity of the client’s maintenance management systems and practices.
Asset and Maintenance Management Improvement Program for a Large…
We improved performance of mining and processing operations to support business objectives through an in-depth asset and maintenance management review.
Let’s make the most of your CMMS/ERP platform.
We can support and guide you through the selection and implementation of any CMMS/ERP system. To find out more about our capabilities with regards to CMMS/ERP implementation, feel free to view the case studies above, or contact us for an obligation-free discussion.
Our maintenance management training courses
Do you need to expand the CMMS/ERP capabilities of your team? Our training courses are run throughout Australia and online, and offer a comprehensive, practical overview of maintenance best practices.
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling ExcellenceProduct on sale
Maintenance Planning Master ClassProduct on sale
RCM & PMO for Team MembersProduct on sale$1,530.00 – $1,700.00
Effective Shutdown Planning and ManagementProduct on sale
Introduction to Maintenance ManagementProduct on sale
Spare Parts OptimisationProduct on sale
Our maintenance management articles
What is the 5 whys technique?
The 5 Whys technique offers a simple, effective way to uncover the root of an issue. It is best used in troubleshooting and quality-improvement initiatives.
What does a maintenance supervisor do?
Every company has a different idea of what a mechanical supervisor is responsible for, but there is still a core focus that should apply to anyone in the role.
5 quick tips for an effective CMMS
Your computerised maintenance management system may be the right fit for your organisation, but it can only be as good as your end users and their training.
Getting the most value from your CMMS
There is no perfect off-the-shelf CMMS. Let’s discuss how you can tailor your business processes to match your information system workflow, and vice versa.
Are your KPIs supporting your processes, or just measuring…
Usually KPIs focus on the outcomes of our processes, but if we aim to manage processes for more predictive outcomes, we need to develop KPIs that support them.