Begin your next asset management project with world-class insight.
Assetivity offers this training course for new asset managers. As a participant, you will gain a detailed insight into:
- Analysing strategic requirements and developing the asset management strategy
- Forecasting and analysing future user requirements and demands
- Planning the implementation of the asset management strategy
- Appraising investment options and applying whole life costing principles
- Creating and acquiring assets
- Planning for contingencies
- Developing and communicating asset management plans
By the end of this course, you will (at a minimum) be able to:
- Understand the relationships and differences between asset management strategies and plans
- Describe the main components and information sources of an asset management strategy and an asset management plan
- Give examples of how internal and external stakeholder interests and opinions can affect asset management planning
- Describe the main principles of asset whole life costing
- Describe how sustainability principles can be applied to asset management planning
- Give examples of how asset management benefits can be tracked
- Give examples of performance indicators that can be used in whole life assessment of asset creation or acquisition options
- Describe the main components of a business case to support a preferred investment option
- Give examples of costs for all key stages of the asset management lifecycle
- Outline the contents of the training package
- Introductions to other participants and their roles in AM
- Gain an understanding of what is expected through the course
- Objectives of the training course.
- Outline and describe a strategic AM plan.
- How an AM Strategy evolves from a policy.
- How AM Strategies support business goals.
- The necessary relationships between the business and AM Strategy and plans.
- Identifying critical assets
- Considering the lifecycle of assets
- Case Study Activity: Formulate or review an Asset Management strategy for a case study example
- Outline and describe AM plans
- Information sources for AM plans
- Relationship with AM strategy
- Optimisation and prioritisation of AM plans
- Cost and performance analysis methods and techniques.
- Stakeholder interest
- Whole life costing principles
- Activity: Carry out a whole life costing exercise on a piece of equipment
- Design and use of KPIs and balanced scorecard techniques.
- Tracking benefits of Asset Management
- Sustainability of AM Plans
- Business cases to support investment decisions
- Activity: Develop an Asset Management Plan for a case study example
Effective Asset Management Strategies and Plans
- From $850.00 excl. GST
- Online duration: 6 hours
- Face to face duration: 8 hours