Learn the fundamentals of world-class asset management.
We offer this training course as an introduction for anyone wishing to learn the fundamental principles and concepts underpinning world class asset management, and the benefits to be accrued from applying these within an asset-rich organisation. This course aligns with the IAM Foundation Award course (IAM endorsed) and includes the Foundation Award Knowledge Test at the end. As a participant, you will obtain an understanding of the key principles of effective asset management in the context of the ISO standard for asset management, ISO 55000. You will also obtain a better understanding of the benefits to be obtained from taking a systematic approach to asset management.
By the end of this course, you will (at a minimum) be able to:
- Describe what asset management is and why it is important.
- Describe the role asset management can play in supporting organisational strategy and objectives.
- Describe the relationships and differences between asset management policy, strategy and plans.
- Describe the principles of asset whole life costing.
- Describe the role of Risk Management in effective Asset Management.
- Give examples of how AM performance can be measured.
- Describe the main advantages of a systematic approach to Asset Management.
- What is Asset Management?
- What is an Asset?
- What is the Asset Lifecycle?
- Models for Asset Management, including the PAS 55, ISO 55000, IAM, GFMAM and other Asset Management Models
- Traditional v PAS 55/ISO 55000 Asset Management
- The Impact of AM on a Business
- Summary of AM Benefits
- Case Studies – Benefits of AM
- Document Hierarchy for AM
- Policies, Strategies and Plans
- Why, What & How – Asset Management Policy
- Why, What & How – Strategic Asset Management Plan
- Why, What & How – Asset Management Plans
- Case Study – AM Documentation
- The Performance/Cost/Risk Trade-off
- Cost-based Decision Making
- Risk-based Decision Making
- Performance-based Decision Making
- Case Study – Asset Management Decision Making
- Assessment of competency against learning objectives
Asset Management Foundation Award
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Online
- From $877.50 excl. GST
- Online duration: 8 hours
- Face to face duration: 8 hours