As Principal Consultant, Dean’s primary duties include leading and managing projects, leading the tendering process for consulting work, coaching other consultants, performing quality assurance, and overseeing ongoing consulting assignments. Dean also supports the delivery of Assetivity’s training courses to the public (face-to-face and online), and in-house to clients as required.
Dean has been re-hired at Assetivity after spending more than 11 years working overseas, predominantly in the oil and gas sector.
40 years of professional experience
14 years of consulting experience
2 years at Assetivity
Areas of specialist expertise
- Assessing asset management maturity
- Developing asset management strategies and Strategic Asset Management Plans
- Assessing maintenance maturity
- Optimising preventive maintenance programs (RCM and PMO)
- Analysing root causes and eliminating defects
- Assuring maintenance quality
- Oil and gas
- Mining and mineral processing
- Electrical utilities
- Managed and led a large asset management office in the Middle East, improving personnel composition, reducing costs, and improving the quality of project deliverables.
- Delivered several multi-million projects safely, on time, and within budget.
Assetivity (2021 – current)
PAM Consulting (2019 – 2021)
Director & Co-Owner
GHD (2018 – 2019)
Executive Advisor, Asset Management
Petrofac Inc. (2018)
Petrofac Emirates LLC. (2015 – 2017)
Regional Business Manager
Petrofac Inc. (2015)
Technical Services Manager and Manager, Alaska Operations
Petrofac Inc. (2013 – 2014)
Petrofac Inc. (2010 – 2013)
Assetivity (2007 – 2010)